Entry The race can only be entered by following the SI Entries link at the bottom of this section. Please read the following before entering:
1) We will check Previous Experience when you enter and you will initially be placed on a Pre-Selection list. We will aim to send out an email confirming your acceptance.
2) The race is £20 to enter FRA Members and £24 Non FRA members To enter please use www.sientries.co.uk Kit to be worn or carried:
Full waterproof jacket and bottoms (with taped seams), shoes suitable for fell running, long sleeved top, head torch, emergency bag, hat and gloves, map (the Dark Peak map which just excludes Marsden is acceptable) compass, whistle and some emergency food is the minimum kit.
There will be a full kit check before Registration giving everybody the chance to make sure they have the required kit. There will be spot checks on route and at the finish. The FRA have made it clear that not carrying the required kit will result in a ban from all fell races and we will uphold that policy.
Registration In Marsden Cricket Club (SE 044 106 – just below the Golf Course) from 7am to 9.15am. Sportident dibber and Race number will be provided on the day.
Do not park cars in the car park as this will be closed from midday. Toilets will hopefully be provided in the club house. It will be possible to transfer 25KG ONLY bags of kit to Edale – a van will be located before the Start lanes at Marsden Cricket ground.
Rules 1) VERY IMPORTANT: If you retire you must inform a marshall at a designated checkpoint
2) Number must be worn on the chest and shown to Marshalls at all checkpoints and the finish.
3) The Trigger is a GPS NOT ALLOWED race. You may set your watch to record your track but NOT for NAVIGATION.
4) No Dogs on route Finish To be confirmed at a location in Edale village. The bags transported from Marsden will be in a tent after the Finish Tent